Trusted Advisors for Today’s Rapidly Changing World
The executive rewards and governance landscape is increasingly complex. These programs need to attract key talent, motivate appropriate performance, and create an alignment with business imperatives and other talent strategies.
At the same time, scrutiny abounds from shareholders, proxy advisors, governments, and the media, who are demanding that executive pay be aligned with performance and appropriate levels of risk taking.
Mercer’s executive rewards consultants are trusted advisors to public- and private-company senior management and boards of directors. Mercer’s Executive Compensation professionals provide best-in-class expertise in the areas of executive and director compensation and benefits, pay-performance alignment, and corporate governance.
Secure and Motivate Executive Talent
Having the right leaders for your organization may be the most critical driver of success. Mercer can help you attract, retain, and motivate the critical global and local executive talent needed for long-term organizational excellence.
We help organizations determine compensation levels that align with their strategic talent needs and relevant talent comparators. Our advisors achieve measurable impacts on performance, efficiency, and risk management by developing cash and equity compensation programs that serve the interests of executives, owners, and the organization while managing the growing complexity of regulations, legislation and shareholder demands.
Executive Rewards With a Sound Foundation
Our executive compensation and rewards advisory services are founded on:
- A collaborative approach: Our consultants use their knowledge and experience to provide advice and counsel, not just data.
- Multiple viewpoints: We consider shareholder, board member, company, and employee perspectives while reflecting both external and competitive realities.
- Market data: We utilize executive market data from all relevant sources to meet your needs and custom design survey instruments and analytics on specific issues. Our information solutions for executive remuneration combine Mercer compensation survey data for executive positions.
- Objectivity: We have established global business standards to manage potential conflicts of interest inherent in advising boards of directors and management on executive rewards issues.
How We Can Help
Let us shape your executive compensation and rewards programs with Mercer’s expert consulting and comprehensive data, trusted by many firms before you.
- Improve your ability to attract, retain, and motivate key executive talent.
- Align pay with your organization’s strategic needs and relevant talent comparators.
- Realize value in ownership transactions.
- Keep compliant with regulatory, legislative, and shareholder requirements and guidelines.
Mercer evaluates the current market practices and trends in director compensation by assessing the current director compensation program (both design and pay levels) and providing recommendations for change.
Governance and M&A Transaction Support
Mercer's governance services include stakeholder relations, updates on trends and best practice developments in executive reward program design and governance, ongoing advice on implications of regulatory, legislative, and market developments, compensation committee charter, agenda, and process development and implementation, board effectiveness and development, and board role definition and engagement.Mercer also provides pre- and post-transaction support on compensation issues for clients involved in financial transactions including IPOs, acquisitions, divestures, spin-offs, and joint ventures.
Plan Design and Performance Measurement
Mercer assists clients in driving desired behaviors for a global workforce by providing market-appropriate levels and modes of long-term incentives while ensuring shareholder alignment across an organization's areas of operation. We also provide a cost-effective structure for organizations, and meeting employees’ preferences, which vary by geography.
Executive Benefits Group
Mercer’s Executive Benefits Group (EBG) is a US practice, providing consulting services focused on the benchmarking, design, financing, administration and regulatory compliance of executive benefit and deferred compensation plans.
Forecast talent needs and build the infrastructure to help talent flow. Mercer can dramatically enhance the impact of how you select, engage & develop your talent.
Attract, motivate & retain your workforce by rewarding the right behaviors. Mercer can help with benchmarking, total rewards strategy, career frameworks and more.
Optimize the value of international assignments with mobility data and support, including cost of living data, workflow management and cultural training solutions.
Enhance the effectiveness of your HR function to add long-term business value, with HR process redesign, HRIS implementation, HR talent development and more.
Get results-driven employee communication to support major HR initiatives; such as HRIS implementation, a new career structure, benefit changes and M&A activity.